Somewhere in the Middle

When I think of the OT setting I would like to work in for my future career, I am actually in the middle of outpatient rehab and the hospital setting.  As I completed my OT volunteer hours, I enjoyed the adrenal rush of the hospital setting (on the weekend). It seems that the hospital environment keeps OTs on their toes, especially when working with neuro clients, because they encounter drastically different cases for each client they visit. It is fast-paced and I like that the setting is challenging. On the other hand, I'm not sure I want that sort of adrenal rush Monday through Friday, so that is where outpatient care seems to be a better fit. One of the reasons I became interested in OT is because I like to build relationships with people,e and see them grow and progress. I have worked in a "background" position for over 5 years and I miss working one-on-one.  Also, there are so many things to learn in the outpatient setting that I might not get to experience in the acute care/hospital setting.  I love that there are choices in the OT field and it is exciting to explore what it has to offer!


Comments

  1. Hi Alli - there are positions out there with split schedules so you may be able to do both! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts